Tim Stafford Surfboards

Mostly bonzer inspired creations, made in Cornwall. Designed, shaped, glassed, sanded, finned and finished by Tim Stafford.

I make boards that are easy to ride, that feel natural under foot. Most aren't conventional but they will help you reach that point where you stop thinking about what's under your feet and start to focus on where you want to go and how you want to get there. Why bonzers?

Always happy to chat about your needs and what would work for you but please initiate contact by email or Facebook... details on www.timstaffordsurfboards.com | Ride and glide.

Friday 24 July 2009

Sure Forms

I am going through some old boxes of the surf magazines I bought when I was kid and came across this classic design article with a section on bonzers in Surfer Magazine, November 1977 Volume 18 Number 4. I remember the article vividly and being fascinated by the concept… but along came the twin fin, and then Simon Anderson with the thruster. It would take 30 years and the influence of Tim Elsner and Steve Jacobi on the island of Simeulu to finally sate my curiosity.
Now I’m hooked. Thanks guys.
Surfer-Nov1977-Vol18-No4-p0 Surfer-Nov1977-Vol18-No4-p1 Surfer-Nov1977-Vol18-No4-p2

No comments:

Post a Comment