Tim Stafford Surfboards

Mostly bonzer inspired creations, made in Cornwall. Designed, shaped, glassed, sanded, finned and finished by Tim Stafford.

I make boards that are easy to ride, that feel natural under foot. Most aren't conventional but they will help you reach that point where you stop thinking about what's under your feet and start to focus on where you want to go and how you want to get there. Why bonzers?

Always happy to chat about your needs and what would work for you but please initiate contact by email or Facebook... details on www.timstaffordsurfboards.com | Ride and glide.

Monday 10 October 2011

I’m “out”… I love a longboard!

Shovel(flex)nose bonzer EVO6 longboard… I have to say (and please bear in mind I am a shortboarder) that I LOVED this longboard… form the first take-off the board felt incredibly intuitive and had me walking up to the nose so easily. It is really stable up front due to the quite parallel rail line from the shovel nose and seemed to allow me more time up there than was reasonable, especially for a shortboarder! It would turn from the middle very naturally too, which was unexpected, and off the tail i could easily pull it into roundhouses. I have only ridden it as an EVO6 with MR rears so far and it works so well I am wondering if I’ll ever get a single fin in the box! And of course then there’s the resin band… straight off a lovely Havana Corona. If I was to make a tweak it would be to lower the rail apex just a touch through the rear 1/3 of the board for even more sensitivity…

It’s a very special board that has far exceeded my expectations and made me seriously question what board to pull out when the surf’s good! So I’m “out”… I love a longboard!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment