Tim Stafford Surfboards

Mostly bonzer inspired creations, made in Cornwall. Designed, shaped, glassed, sanded, finned and finished by Tim Stafford.

I make boards that are easy to ride, that feel natural under foot. Most aren't conventional but they will help you reach that point where you stop thinking about what's under your feet and start to focus on where you want to go and how you want to get there. Why bonzers?

Always happy to chat about your needs and what would work for you but please initiate contact by email or Facebook... details on www.timstaffordsurfboards.com | Ride and glide.

Friday 7 December 2012

Pinlined…

Tim Stafford asymmetric longboard

This board is kind of special… it’s one of those i have done everything on myself. Most boards I get the very best craftsmen to glass, sand, gloss and polish; it’s what they do every day and they do it better than me, so my customers get the best possible finish, the strongest possible board… but my own I like to do myself, and the relationship you have with the board is definitely enhanced… the way you sand it reflects the way you shaped it, all the subtleties maintained, the tinted freelap, the pinline not trying to hide the bleed but highlighting it… This one just feels extra special, perhaps because it reflects my new train of though on asymmetry, but in a long(ish) guise… I truly can not wait to ride this, hopefully next weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment