Tim Stafford Surfboards

Mostly bonzer inspired creations, made in Cornwall. Designed, shaped, glassed, sanded, finned and finished by Tim Stafford.

I make boards that are easy to ride, that feel natural under foot. Most aren't conventional but they will help you reach that point where you stop thinking about what's under your feet and start to focus on where you want to go and how you want to get there. Why bonzers?

Always happy to chat about your needs and what would work for you but please initiate contact by email or Facebook... details on www.timstaffordsurfboards.com | Ride and glide.

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Duos

6'2 Duo Custom Surfboard by Tim Stafford
Over the last year I've been experimenting with the Duo design based on Neil Purchase Jrs ideas. I have to say I love them...

I have found the design to be very fin & rail sensitive so if you are going to order one from someone make sure they ride them. I've settled on a formula that i think gets the best out of the concept now, providing a very fast and loose board that is really easy to ride and get the most out of in a wide range of conditions.

I don't think they have a specific slot in a quiver as the design is so versatile. I ride my 6'2  in everything from waist high slop to well overhead and it seems to go really well in everything.

I often get asked how do they surf, and that is hard to explain. They are very fast down the line like a single fin, but also provide an immediate squirt much like a twinnie. At the same time they have great hold, a bit like a thruster but you don't need the "tap-tap" to get them going through flat spots, they just glide.

6'2 Duo Surfboard inspired by Neil Purchase Junior
I love the simplicity of the design and they are a pleasure to make. My latest is a 6'8" rounded pin for chunkier stuff. Of course i still use my Orca's more than any other boards but its really good to have an alternative when i feel like a change...

So to sum it up Duo Surfboards are a valid and high performance alternative to a thruster, with a greater wave range per board, and more speed. If you fancy exploring this more just drop me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment