Tim Stafford Surfboards

Mostly bonzer inspired creations, made in Cornwall. Designed, shaped, glassed, sanded, finned and finished by Tim Stafford.

I make boards that are easy to ride, that feel natural under foot. Most aren't conventional but they will help you reach that point where you stop thinking about what's under your feet and start to focus on where you want to go and how you want to get there. Why bonzers?

Always happy to chat about your needs and what would work for you but please initiate contact by email or Facebook... details on www.timstaffordsurfboards.com | Ride and glide.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

New Porpoise

FOR SALE: The New Porpoise which I shaped for the Fish Fry. 6’0 x 22” x 2 5/8” Bernoulli single into double concave with bonzer feeder concave channels. New EVO4 Fish set up with American Ash Medium front runners and the new TS Foil LokBox cutaway keel-fish fins… the fins will add a huge amount of extra drive through the tail and when combined with the flatish tail rocker this board will really fly. Gloss and polish, double pinlines both sides.

The artwork reflects some things on my mind I guess… this March I was about to get on a plane to the Mentawais ; Ant and I had just got to the airport at 5am after driving through the night… and thought (obviously) “why not, we’re on holiday…beer!”… and then the disaster unfolded on the screens in front of us as we sat at the bar, later with Fukushima. It had a profound effect on me… and I guess this board was just my acknowledgement of this. The orcas crept in as I had recently found out that dead Orcas have to be treated as hazardous waste when they die as the blubber is so contaminated… So my thoughts are with all those in Japan… and with our cetacean friends.

P1060131 P1060133P1060132 P1060123 P1060124 P1060125 P1060126 P1060127P1060128 P1060129

Get it quick before I can’t resist waxing it up for a wetting… show price of £650 with an extra discount if it is going to Japan or to anyone with anything to do with cetaceans. Looks like this one is on its way to Japan, which is so perfectly fitting. But if it falls through for any reason express your interest now and I’ll get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment