Tim Stafford Surfboards

Mostly bonzer inspired creations, made in Cornwall. Designed, shaped, glassed, sanded, finned and finished by Tim Stafford.

I make boards that are easy to ride, that feel natural under foot. Most aren't conventional but they will help you reach that point where you stop thinking about what's under your feet and start to focus on where you want to go and how you want to get there. Why bonzers?

Always happy to chat about your needs and what would work for you but please initiate contact by email or Facebook... details on www.timstaffordsurfboards.com | Ride and glide.

Friday 7 October 2011

RED review - Atlantic POD EVO6

Last week I was lucky enough to surf RED at Way-Outs in overhead and clean. After a long paddle i have to say i enjoyed the board more than any other in a longtime… it paddled in early, and smoothly and was SO stable that i actually forgot about taking off all together, it was back to being instinctive… which it hasn’t been since my knee op really. Once up the board was amazing. The closest I can liken it to is skateboarding; i felt i had no limitations, i could carve such tight lines and every input not only resulted in a smooth turn but acceleration. I could really feel the back fins driving together projecting me into the next turn and running smoothly through flat spots.

The following day I had it at a rocky little number on the low tide. I got a nice little cover-up followed by a vert top turn; what was so impressive about this was that the whole first part of the wave as i dropped in and pulled in, I was riding from the middle as I got up too far forward, but the board still turned and drove beautifully. For me this has always been an important characteristic of riding bonzers, they are so forgiving and don’t have that narrow sweetspot like the thrusters I used to ride. 

So the 6’4” x 20 3/4” x 2 7/8” New Atlantic POD with Bernoulli concaves and dedicated EVO6 set up is officially my new favourite board.

P1050842

No comments:

Post a Comment